Is there anything better than walking your dog at 5:30am on a dark Monday morning with 40 MPH winds and snow blowing in your face? In late November? By my count, this makes 4 different November snow falls and yet thankfully we missed most of the white stuff this time! Maybe we are getting all of the snow out of the way early this year? Yeah, I don't think so - get ready my friends - this could be a winter to remember!
All of this to say, Saturday brings the month of December - and so many opportunities are in front of us at FCC this final month of 2018. Here are several reminders:
Yesterday about 40 minutes into our 10:45am service, we had a medical emergency and were asked by our safety team and medical professionals to clear the sanctuary. I am happy to report that our friend Norman Emery is doing well and is resting at home, but I also wanted to thank everyone in attendance for their response to this unexpected change. We were able to gather in the Family Life center for communion, and then eventually return to the sanctuary to witness Ana Robinson's baptism. Again, thank you!
Finally - tomorrow - Tuesday November 27 - is Giving Tuesday - I talked briefly about this somewhat "NEW" day during the message yesterday. I challenged all of us to consider "storing up treasures in heaven" on giving Tuesday and - here are a couple of ideas near and dear to my heart for those who are interested:
* Consider a gift to the Vault - our Thanksgiving offering recipient for 2018
* Consider a gift to the 2020 Vision project at Little Galilee camp - a place near and dear to FCC
* Consider a gift to God's Shelter of Love homeless shelter in Decatur - a ministry that is growing and expanding and has increased financial needs
* Consider a gift to the Kuki Christian Church Mission in Northeast India - a ministry that has reached thousands for Christ in a country where the Gospel is sorely needed
* Consider a gift to COPE and the children of POKOT - The ministry in Kenya led by Barb O'Donahue
These are just five options - there are many, many more excellent possibilities - let's store up treasures in heaven!
have a great week - see you Sunday!
Weekly update on what's happening at FCC! Glad you're here!
First Christian Church
100 N Jackson St.
Clinton, IL 61727
Mondays: 9a - 4p
Wednesday: 9a - 4p
Thursday: 9a - 4p
Modified Worship Times
Sundays at 8:00am