We are exactly halfway through the month of October as I type the blog this morning - before long Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us. Several thoughts and reminders this morning:
* Wonderful Student Ministry opportunities are there for the taking if you have Jr High and Sr High students! Ben Pertl is off and running as our Director of Student Ministries - if you haven't met him yet, take time to reach out. Reveal on Sunday evenings, Breakfast Club on Friday mornings, Bible School on Sunday mornings and this week, the annual Flannel Chili Night at the Witzke's - good stuff!
* First Kids continues to offer excellent Children's Ministry programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings - thanks to Allison Hitchings and Cassandra Benton for ALL they do!
* Seniors ministry at FCC - Marcia Wise and Jan Dial continue to lead Young at Heart with excellence and I'm so excited to see the revival of this vital ministry - so many are taking advantage of gatherings and trips! I want to highlight the upcoming Seniors Day at Little Galilee on Wednesday October 25 - you can go for FREE if you attend w/ YAH! Cody Monkman will be driving the van that morning and we would love to have you join us. Call the office and let us know if you are planning to join us!
* Great job Melinda Heinlen and Lindsey Moody with our latest Connections event yesterday - Doughnut Sunday at FCC! So wonderful to see so many connecting! I cannot wait for our next Connections event!
* Yesterday also brought Open House opportunities for the Neighborhood Care Center (formerly the Cable Building) and the Underground (formerly the Fellowship Hall) - if you missed a chance to tour these renovated spaces, let me know and we will set up a personal tour for you! Both spaces are making a difference in our ministry to our community and to students!
* Super thankful for very hard work of Jen Causer and Mandi Ries in our office - they are doing a great job! We are always looking for office volunteers who can assist with needs like mailings, publications, telephone and others tasks. If you have even a couple hours a month, let us know - we would love to plug you in!
* Say a prayer for Samuel Green, our Minster of Worship and Spiritual Formation - he is doing a great job rolling out ROOTED (Discipleship program) to our staff and elders and is currently struggling with some potentially serious voice issues. Very thankful for Samuel and praying his voice heals soon! Thanks to Allison and Heather Moore for vocally leading worship second service yesterday!
Five reminders as I wrap up this morning:
1. Sabbath End continues to meet on Sunday evenings at 5pm - come to the sanctuary foyer for a time of worship, teaching and prayer!
2. Bible Reading - we continue to publish daily Bible readings - we are in the middle of the book of Revelation this week - and will do so for all of 2017. Take advantage of this spiritual discipline: Daily time in God's Word!
3. Stewardship - our general fund giving continues to struggle - will you help us remain faithful to the Lord and our church financially in what Paul calls the "grace of giving?"
4. Prayer - please pray for several in our church who are hospitalizes or facing surgery in the days ahead: Abner Griffin (surgery on the 27th), Louise Moore (surgery on the 23rd), Ruth Harvey, Dick Tuggle, Velma Kennedy and Dixie Montgomery.
5. Words - our sermon yesterday was about our words - OUR word - verbal, written and shared. How will you use YOUR words this week? Let's use them for the glory of God and to uplift and encourage others in the name of Jesus!
Have a great week!
Weekly update on what's happening at FCC! Glad you're here!