Last week was a great blessing for Marla and I - we were able to travel to Rhode Island (Marla is actually still there for another couple of hours) and spend time w/ Jordan and Jacob, where Jacob serves in ministry with the Bridge Pointe Christian Church in East Providence. It was wonderful to explore the Providence area, tour Bridge Pointe CC and spend time in quaint towns like Warren, Barrington and Bristol. we visited the Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, MA on the 4th of July and on Thursday, toured several of the Newport Mansions - the Breakers, Marble House and the Palms to name a few. On Friday, I did what my family thought was unthinkable - left Providence at 5am and drove straight home, arriving in Chestnut just before 10pm - 18 hours of travel through 8 states! What a week!
That said, it is sure good to be home! It was really good to be worship with my church family yesterday! It was wonderful to reconnect with Peyton the past couple of days! It was refreshing to sneak in a couple of bike rides on Saturday and Sunday afternoon! It was peaceful to spend a couple of mornings on my deck at home w/ a cup of coffee and the Word! There is just something about home, isn't there?
Several thoughts on my mind on this Monday morning in July:
* Tomorrow night is the Area Men's Fellowship at Wapella at 6:30pm - hope you can join us!
* POWER sermon series continues, with a message this week on the POWER of CONFESSION.
* BigStuf trip is happening as we speak in Florida - 56 from our church are attending this week
* Little Galilee camp is half-way through their summer programming season - don't forget we will pay half-tuition for your children and grandchildren to attend a session of camp. And why not consider Family Camp 2 this year? I'm serving as co-dean with my friend Michael Mallick and we are planning a great weekend.
* The next Discover FCC will be Sunday July 29 at 9:30am in the Family Life Center Alcove - come learn about the History, Theology and Ministries of Clinton FCC. Please RSVP
* Little Galilee Connections event will be on Sunday August 19 from 4-7pm - pool, zipline and lots of fun!
* Rooted rollout for the fall will happen the week of September 9 - are you in?
Let me wrap up with 3 questions this Monday morning:
1. Are you remaining faithful this summer to your church? Faithful in church attendance (we miss you when you are gone); Faithful in giving (stewardship is an important act of worship); Faithful in service (every member ministry makes a difference!). Faithful in your spiritual growth? Make the most of the final two months of summer!
By the way, one ministry team in need of more servants is our monthly blood pressure check team - if you are a medical professional in some capacity, we can probably use you! Send me a message or contact the office and we will get you connected with team leader Katy Koritz.
2. Are you living out the call of Jesus to be the Salt of the earth and the Light of the world? How can you make that happen intentionally this week? Shake and Shine for Jesus!
3. Who is your ONE? The ONE person in your world that needs Jesus? How are you intentionally trying to connect with him/her? Will you consider inviting him/her to join you at church? Will you consider sharing your faith?
Have a great week - see you Sunday!
Weekly update on what's happening at FCC! Glad you're here!
First Christian Church
100 N Jackson St.
Clinton, IL 61727
Mondays: 9a - 4p
Wednesday: 9a - 4p
Thursday: 9a - 4p
Modified Worship Times
Sundays at 8:00am