Our vision rollout series is churning forward - three Sundays down, just two to go. This week brought a great couple of days for so many reasons - here are several:
1. What a blessing to witness the baptisms of Jordan and Kate Umbra at the end of second service! More baptisms coming next week at 10:45am service and in the weeks ahead!
2. Really encouraging to see so many visitors at FCC yesterday for FRIEND DAY - great job by Lindsey and Melinda and everyone involved in the morning. And just this humble reminder: every Sunday is FRIEND DAY at FCC! Who's your ONE?
3. Thanks for the personal testimony on the impact of ROOTED by Tim Wenthe, one of our Elders and someone who loves this church without condition! Samuel did a great job explaining the next season of ROOTED - beginning Sunday morning April 8, YOU are invited to join a ten week ROOTED group. You can do this online, fill out a form that is available in the office or at the welcome center, or contact Samuel directly. Will YOU give ROOTED a chance?
4. The Chimes choir shared special music both services and the Adult choir shared during 8:15am worship - good stuff! Kate Rogers played the piano during 8:15am service - she did a great job - and both morning services helped us draw close to the Lord in worship!
5. Superstart - our 4th and 5th graders had a blast at CIY's weekend adventure in nearby Bloomington-Normal - thanks to all our staff and volunteers who made this a reality!
6. IF Gathering - Saturday brought the annual IF gathering for women - what a great day of spiritual nourishment and encouragement for women of faith! I peaked my head in the room a couple of times (and stole some pulled pork at lunch time!) and it was great to see women of all ages - and some ladies I didn't recognize - growing in their faith together!
7. PIZZA POTLUCK and GAME NIGHT - our latest connections event last night was awesome! Well over 200 gathered in the Family Life Center for a night of pizza, pop, fun and games - great job Lindsey and Melinda! And make sure YOU check out the next Connections event! These are for EVERYONE - all ages - a chance to CONNECT with people of faith you don't normally rub shoulders with. Good stuff!
8. FOUR Chair Discipleship - we rolled out this concept yesterday - everyone attending worship at FCC is more than likely sitting in one of four chairs: SEEKER, BELIEVER, DISCIPLE or DISCIPLE MAKER - this is from a book by Dann Spader entitled 4 Chair Discipling - good book and great concept! The challenge for ALL of us is simple: are we willing to "move chairs" and move closer to Jesus?
Here are several things to keep on your radar moving forward:
** THIS Saturday - our Pancake/Sausage breakfast fundraiser from 7am until 12:30pm - come on out, stuff yourself, and support a great cause!
** MEET and GREET - this Sunday morning at 9:30am in the Sanctuary Foyer - come meet the FCC Staff and learn more about Clinton FCC!
** RELOAD for Men - This TUESDAY March 13 at 6am - all men are welcome - Karen Rice is cooking! Two words: Baked Oatmeal!
** EASTER - less than three weeks away - who's your ONE?
** Sunday morning April 8 - ROOTED groups launch throughout our church - will you give ROOTED a try?
** Intentional Church Conference in Decatur - sponsored by FCC - Saturday April 21 - there is room for YOU! And I've already paid the registration fee! Let me know if you are interested!
** FAN the FLAME featuring Jason Gray and Chris August - Sunday April 22 - plan now to join us for a great evening of Christian music - all proceeds support THE VAULT!
** Baby Bottle Fundraiser - if you are collecting $ for the New Life Pregnancy center in Decatur, it is time to turn in your baby bottle!
** Move that Bus - help Ben and student ministry fully fund our bus for the Big Stuf trip this summer for Jr High and Sr High students!
Please continue to pray for those connected with our church and community that are struggling with health, facing surgery or grieving the loss of loved ones. Look for opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus!
Weekly update on what's happening at FCC! Glad you're here!